05. February 2021
Laboratory Technician – 2 vacancies
Our products are supplied to plastics processors worldwide and are used to impart colour and physical property enhancements to the final plastic product. These can range from medical devices, drill housings, plastic bottles and caps, carpet fibre, clothing applications, signage, artificial grass, plastic sheeting etc.
An opportunity to join our highly skilled Laboratory team has arisen, where you will work with our bespoke technology to design, match and test colour masterbatches, specialty dispersions and specialty compounds which conform to company standards and customer requirements. Experience in moulding and pre form equipment will be advantageous as would a background in polymer and fibers.
- Development of new masterbatch products to meet customer colour and technical specifications within commercial requirement
- Determine physical property criteria
- Technical assistance to Sales, Marketing and Production Departments business objectives
- Maintain accurate records and input data onto computerised systems
- Produce samples for customer approval
- Responding to the needs of both internal and external suppliers and customers
- Use visual judgement and instrumental colour measurement for quality control decisions
- Quality Testing; sample products during and post manufacture
- Carry out Finished Goods validation check-outs
- Adherence to the Controlled Polymers Health & Safety Policy
- Colourmatching skills and experience essential
- Knowledge and understanding of colourmatching equipment types and processes
- Good colour vision, for shade and colour matching
- The ability to plan, organise and work as part of a team
- Flexibility to adapt to the needs of the customers or the business objectives
- Excellent attention to detail and good interpersonal skills
Key to your success will be your ability to use general Laboratory equipment safely so that you can competently and accurately test colour masterbatches, dispersions and compounds.
The dayshift is 37 hours from Monday to Friday and the nightshift is 34 hours from Monday to Thursday. We would like these positions to be filled as soon as possible.
If you enjoy working in a professional and challenging working environment, for a Company with exciting growth plans and feel you can add value, then please send your current CV and application to Vicki Richardson, European HR Manager - at email@example.com. If you wish to discuss the role further, please call Vicki on +44 161 785 2477 or Rikke Maj Ager, COO Controlled Polymers A/S on +45 2946 7514.
This is the news page