01. August 2021
Managing Director Europe
- Reporting to the VPGM Americhem Engineering Compounds, the Managing Director Europe will be responsible for leading all aspects of the European business and delivering exceptional financial results.
- The MD will drive organizational effectiveness by coaching and developing the European leadership team and supplementing talent as required to ensure long term success.
- The MD will be the lead face of the Americhem, its employees and ownership. He/She is responsible to ensure its core values are protected and its stellar reputation enhanced in the markets and communities served.
- Responsible for the P&L managing the business with a Customer, Profit, Cash Flow and employee focus
- Evaluate market segments we do not significantly participate in and develop a business plan for entering new markets
- Focus on developing and implementing product and market strategies, including new product introductions, marketing, program management, expansion of shared demand and development of new technology
- Ensure that objectives, goals, plans, budgets, policies, practices and actions produce desired results, consistent with the overall mission and strategic plan for the organization
- Establishes and maintains an effective organization structure to ensure development and continuity of managerial and specialized skills necessary to accomplish the objectives of the European business. Modifies organizational structures to meet evolving strategic plans and business demands
- Fosters an open environment which stimulates continuous widespread communications, creativity, and imagination and engenders a team spirit in solving problems and identifying and capturing new opportunities
- Plans and oversees the implementation of systems, practices, measurements and financial controls to expand revenue, productivity, and quality and customer satisfaction for European business
- Interface with corporate and centralized function organizations to achieve business objectives and maximize cross functional resource prioritization and utilization
- Support in any identification and evaluation of affiliations, acquisitions and partnerships consistent with the business plans, goals, and objectives
- Drive the annual and mid-term budget process to ensure logical, executable plans are in place to achieve growth, productivity and cash objectives. Support the business forecast process to insure it provides the executive team with accurate, timely financial information and recommendations in order to proactively manage the business.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior management at key customers and with corporate colleagues
- Establish strong internal communications and customer feedback process for identifying constructive insights with business teams, enhancing effectiveness of product development activities
- Ten (10) plus years’ experience as head of global commercial team, with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in general management leadership role with P&L responsibility
- A global mindset with the ability to manage complexity across multiple cultures. Market experiences within Compounding, Chemicals, Pigments, or Plastics. Experience in all segments or any combination of segments a plus
- Specific knowledge and experience with manufacturing of custom/high-performance color and additive masterbatch and engineering compounds mainly serving the medical, transportation, fibers and packaging industries across EMEA
- Demonstrated experience in New Business Development and Competitive Analysis
- Strategic and operational planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience at delivering significant programs on time and enabling business to achieve growth and profitability.
- Experience with establishing strong strategic commercial & customer relationships that put Americhem on the “leading edge” of relevant industry.
- Proven leadership track record with demonstrated maturity and confidence to articulate and defend positions.
- Highest level of personal integrity which inspires confidence, respect and trust
- A passion and caring for people and their development
- Excellent leadership capabilities with future potential to advance within the company
- Confidence without arrogance. Able to work closely with customers, suppliers, the Executive Committee, and the Technical and Business teams
- Demonstrates a high expectation for people and results
- The ability to craft/ articulate a strategic vision and then clearly know how to direct and drive the organization to accomplish it
- Strong business acumen to convert complex issues to simple solutions and aggressive action plans
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- The ability to serve as a multi-functional leader, bridging technical, manufacturing and commercial product and business planning in a global business unit organization
- Ability to take risks and make timely changes when necessary
- Utilizes creative approach to problem solving and resolving issues